Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 61

Thread: RIP Old Tobe

  1. #21
    Inactive Member imported_broady's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 15th, 2002
    Posts
    122
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: RIP Old Tobe

    Toby will be missed by all who knew him. Toby always made sure myself and observer77 always had a seat near him at the ball games, i guess because that area was so loud. I spoke with Toby last week and I am shocked that this happen so quickly. Toby may get a little crazy at the GC football games but all in all Toby was one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. My friend, I will miss you.

  2. #22
    Inactive Member GC1meover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 19th, 2002
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: RIP Old Tobe

    I dont even know what to say...I did know Tob personally...attended every game with him and his wife for five years. Haven't seen him in about a year and it just totally blew me away to hear he had cancer...still knowing Tob and that "mean streak" in him, I just knew he was gonna make it, I thought if anyone could fight it-he could. I was actually speechless when I got the news today...just didn't seem like it could be true. As everyone has said though, he isn't in pain now and even though he won't be right there in those stands, he will still be watching "his Devils" and cheering them on. Anyone who knows Tob, knows how close he was to his wife and mother...please continue to keep them in your prayers.

    RIP Tob...we love ya and miss ya! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
    RIP Tob...we love ya and miss ya!

  3. #23
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: RIP Old Tobe

    What a thing to find out when you just walk in the door. Another good friend that left us way to soon.
    My prayers and thoughts are with the family and friends of Toby, that I know are many.
    Another good fellar that touched a lot of people just by being who he was.
    Alway a smile, handshake and good conversation is how i will always remember my friend.
    Taken away to early from us. I am just glad i got to know Toby.
    I don't think i have ever met a person who could make friends so easily.
    Again my thoughts and prayers are with Toby's family and his many friends all over.

  4. #24
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: RIP Old Tobe

    Sorry to hear that... The fact that he was constantly posting on here about it showed that he was worried, and I think that's what makes it even more depressing to hear about...

    R.I.P., see you on the other side.
    Officially retired

  5. #25
    Inactive Member imported_Union_Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2002
    Posts
    217
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: RIP Old Tobe

    Its hard to believe he is gone. It seems like he was posting on this board just a week or so ago. My dad suffered with cancer for well over a year and a half and dealt with the same doctors as Tobe did. It seems like Ole Tobe went fast. That might be the only blessing. I wouldnt wish the suffering that my dad went through on anybody. A Relay for Life event will be held at UVa-Wise on Aug 11 to help raise money for a cure. If anybody would like more information, you can go to Relay for Life
    I'm so sorry for Tobe and his family.

  6. #26
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: RIP Old Tobe

    [ QUOTE ]
    Its hard to believe he is gone. It seems like he was posting on this board just a week or so ago.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Indeed... that's why it seems so shocking to me. It's amazing how quickly things can change...

    Also, sorry to go a bit off track here, but speaking of the raising money for a cure event at UVA-Wise, you guys can also help with an online project called "Folding@Home" that you leave running on your PC and that can help gain information to hopefully (in the future) find cures for Cancer, Alzheimer's Disease, and more.

    Please check it out if you don't mind... it's for a great cause, and the fact that it's on Stanford's directory shows that it's 100% legit:
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

    God Bless Tobe and his family.
    Officially retired

  7. #27
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: RIP Old Tobe

    I will remember the jokes we shared, the laughs
    I will remember the friendship we had
    I will remember the way he loved the blue
    and most importantly, I will remember the day that he told us that he had given his life to the Lord, and because of that, I will rejoice, knowing that he is walking in paradise as I type these words. Goodbye old friend-I hope to see you across the river when my final day is done.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  8. #28
    Inactive Member Wildbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2000
    Posts
    69
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: RIP Old Tobe

    Rest in Peace Toby. Condolences to Melissa and the rest of Toby's family.

    To the one of the truest Gate City Fans and great personal friend i salute you Toby...You will be missed.


  9. #29
    Inactive Member retiredteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    853
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: RIP Old Tobe

    It seems to me that we are really losing a lot of good folks recently. Best wishes for his family.
    You can never rise above the image that you have of yourself in your own mind."

  10. #30
    Inactive Member LPDfanincarolina's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2002
    Posts
    250
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: RIP Old Tobe

    I am not ashamed to admit that I shed several tears when I first heard the sad news tonight. Even though Tob and I never met in person he felt like family to me. When my only brother passed away last year he was there for me in PM's. I can never tell you how much that meant to me. I feel that this forum has lost a great person and friend. Rest in Peace Tob, I will never forget you.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •